Location: London, UK
The people we share our lives with make all the difference. At Lyvly, we share more than just spaces, we share our lives and we call it shared living. We take the hassle out of communal living so our members can focus on giving time to each other and to themselves. We are looking for like-minded individuals who love this as much as we do :)
Lyvly is founded by a team of experienced and passionate entrepreneurs. Run by Phil Laney, Kim Hurd (founder and CEO of Tabl) and Alex Gruca (founder and CEO of Joivy) and backed by Sirj Khaliq (CTO of Climate Corp - sold for $1.1bn), Greg Marsh (founder of Onefinestay) and Simon Levene (founder of Mosaic).
Customer Service Executive
We are seeking an exceptional Customer Service and Operations Manager to be at the frontline of Lyvly’s service offering.
Community is at the heart of what we do and therefore the experience we provide for our community is one of the most important functions of the business. We will be growing fast over the next year, so you’ll need to not only be able to handle, but relish, the pace and to be excited to grow with us.
You’ll be passionate about delivering world class customer service, have a strong vision for what great customer service is and have the knowledge and experience to build processes and procedures to bring that vision to life.
You’ll be one of the early employees of this dynamic property startup and so we’re looking for people who we see can be future leaders of the business.
Largely you’ll enjoy surprising customers by going the extra mile to fix their problem. As soon as you’re done, you can’t wait to think through how you’d do it better next time. This is the biggest part of your job and you get a real kick out of it. You’ll also keep tabs on recurrent issues with the customer experience, and feed them back to the rest of the team so we can all work on improving Lyvly. This includes:
- Being the first port of call for all of Lyvly’s member enquiries
- Delivery of exciting communications to all members in the community
- Welcoming new members, and helping them through their Lyvly journey
- Keeping members up to date of what is happening in their homes on a weekly basis
- Defining customer service best practices and designing processes and procedures to support this
- Helping members identify and resolve issues in their homes quickly and satisfactorily
- Ensuring members are satisfied with the condition of their homes and that partner services are fulfilled
- Solving problems efficiently and effectively to ensure member happiness
- Meticulously manage the member and maintenance databases to ensure that communications and requests are logged and tracked
- Working closely with the community manager to cultivate a positive community culture
Additionally, as an integral part of the team, you’ll bring your own ideas and help across operations and communications teams to build a community you’ll be proud of.
As an ideal candidate you:
- Have proven successful customer service experience - you know and believe the customer is the heart of the company and the business and love building this into the product
- Have experience in a quickly-growing startup
- Are a great listener and communicator. Always friendly and with a positive a bias for solving problems and action
- Are calm under pressure and be able to adapt quickly to meet the needs of each member in the community
- Have exceptional organisation skills and are able to juggle multiple tasks - you live to make order of chaos and are the one friends turn to in order to organise a birthday
- Have impeccable attention to detail - not kidding - you’ve found more than 4 errors in this job description already
- You’ve got great written communication skills, know where to put a comma, and are great at reading people’s tone over email
- You’re an all-rounder that enjoys getting stuck into lots of different jobs and gets a buzz from having a ‘ticked-off’ to-do list. You don’t put off life admin, and are the one that takes care of the bills in your house
- You love making people smile and really appreciate how sometimes the smallest thing can make the biggest difference to someone’s day. That’s what we’re here to do at Lyvly.
- Equity. Everyone has a stake in the company.
- Regular team socials. We always end the week with a drink or two in our locale.
- Experiences and events. We get together with our community regularly and there are often community events and experiences you can get involved with.
- Unlimited leave. We want you to be refreshed and take ownership and responsibility for your time.