Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Who We Are
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support.
We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
What We've Got Going
As the Marketing Data Analyst and Technology Manager at Looker you will use your marketing analytics and tech stack expertise to support Looker’s rapid growth. This role is essential to the success of our demand generation machine and marketing operations structure. You should be passionate about B2B marketing data and excited to influence the business through thoughtful analysis and meaningful insights.
Our ideal candidate should possess a strong analytical approach to understanding challenges and opportunities, have a strong grasp of B2B marketing technology infrastructure and deployment, and possess the ability to translate data into both meaningful and actionable insights that help guide stakeholder decision-making and increase program ROI.
What We Need You To Do
- Be proficient in marketing reporting, including attribution, ad hoc, funnel and conversion reports
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on the health of marketing performance and contribution to pipeline, revenue and growth of the company
- Translate analytical insights into actionable recommendations for business and process improvement
- Be the marketing expert at Looker’s product. Master Looker for your analytical needs. Learn what’s happening next with the product and help marketing leverage its capabilities
- Build trust and an advisory relationships with the marketing team to help them better measure and understand campaign performance
- Collaborate with finance, sales, and marketing on quarterly and annual business planning to determine and track marketing contribution to pipeline
- Develop data models around marketing use cases to capture KPIs and data transformations
- Document and communicate analytics processes, modeling, and methodology to improve user experience
- Oversee the usage of marketing technology tools in the Looker marketing technology stack
- Research, evaluate and define our MarTech toolset and partnerships to best support campaigns
- Directly support new products with capabilities overviews, requirements definitions and pricing
- Responsible for timely completion of technical design specifications, development activities, test plans and documentation
- Track, prioritize and manage implementations, ensuring on-time and on-budget delivery; serve as contact for all analytics/tracking implementation requests
- Work closely with various Marketing teams and Business Systems to promote efficiencies using technology via integration and optimization
- Scope, plan, and execute on technology/software integrations using APIs, drag-and-drop integration platforms, and built-in integration capabilities
What You Bring To Looker
- 5+ years of experience in marketing analytics and operations with focus on B2B lead generation and SaaS industry
- Mindset to implement quickly with an eye toward scalability
- Strong technical skills
- Demonstrated use of SQL and working with large datasets in a business environment. Working knowledge of R, python preferred
- Experience with one or more data analysis or data visualization tools
- Demonstrated understanding of enterprise data warehouse, big data, BI & analytics, data management, Salesforce, marketing automation (Marketo preferred), CMS, SEO, Web analytics (GA360)
- A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights to make strategic decisions
- Strong motivation to work closely with internal teams (marketing, sales, finance, internal analytics) to create the best possible solutions. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; including a bias toward action
- Superb communication skills, written and oral, with ability to turn data into compelling stories and insights, influencing both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with the B2B Marketing ecosystem and deep understanding of KPI development and attribution methodologies
- Experience managing, manipulating and setting up large data sets (e.g., Transaction data, CRM data, Analytics data) for analyses at different levels of sophistication
- Must be authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship from an employer
A Little More About Looker
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department, and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process.
Over 1,600 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter have trusted Looker to power their data-driven cultures. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London and Dublin, Ireland.
Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Goldman Sachs.