Location: Remote; Geneva, Switzerland
About Proton Mail:
We are scientists, engineers, and developers drawn together by a shared vision of protecting civil liberties online. This is why we created ProtonMail, an easy to use secure email service with built-in end-to-end encryption and state of the art security features.
Our goal is to build an internet that respects privacy and is secure against cyberattacks.
About The Role:
You will be joining ProtonMail's marketing team at our headquarters in Switzerland. Our offices are located in Geneva, the second largest city in Switzerland located on the shores of Lake Geneva in close proximity to the Swiss alps. Geneva is consistently ranked among the top in the world for quality of life. It is also one of the world's most international cities, and you will be joining a highly diverse team that speaks nearly 10 different languages. The working languages of our front-end team are English and French.
The ProtonMail Geneva office is located in Plan-les-Ouates, Geneva's startup hub, and we work in close proximity to over 40 other small companies with many local restaurants and cafes. As one of Geneva's best known startups, we frequently interact with other companies in Geneva's growing tech scene and are part of a tight knit and friendly community.
What you will be doing:
- Will be responsible for driving the growth of the Company's B2C business through innovative digital marketing initiatives.
- Development of user acquisition initiatives that can span all sectors of marketing including social media, blogging, partnerships, etc. We encourage people to think outside the box
- Writing communications such as blog and social media posts, and email marketing campaigns.
- Performing traditional marketing communications functions, such as PR outreach, and developing ideas and concepts for print advertising.
- Managing user acquisition funnels such as our homepage, mobile apps, and sign up flows, and optimizing them to maximize user acquisition and conversion to paying customers.
- Developing and maintaining key marketing metrics.
- Relevant experience in digital marketing within the High Tech industry.
- Recommended: Bachelor's degree or diploma in Marketing, Writing, or English.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing and growth hacking.
- Ability to deliver effective and innovative digital campaigns.
- Experience managing successful social media campaigns, and a solid understanding of social marketing will be considered as an asset.
- Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Strong project management skills, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write engaging and interesting content.
- Knowledge of SEO and SEM is a plus.
- Proficiency in English.
- Ability to speak and understand French or German will be considered an asset.
- Ability to work under constant deadline pressure and manage multiple projects across multiple lines of business.
Why work at ProtonMail:
- You can play a key role in driving the product vision.
- Your work will have a direct and visible impact on the development of the company.
- Your work will directly be used by millions of people worldwide.
- We protect the privacy of journalists, dissidents, and activists around the world, your work will have a direct social impact.
- We are challenging giants such as Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft and transforming the way private data is treated online.
- Flexible work schedule, work when you want, where you want.
- Informal culture with emphasis on self management.
- Product decisions made directly by the development team.
- Free books, free fruit, coffee, and tea at the office.
- Attend conferences when you want.
- Work with and learn from an extremely talented and supportive team.